Winter Holidays in Cornwall
Christmas at Trelowarren
There are lots of Reasons to Visit Trelowarren in the Winter.
We have just a few weeks left for Christmas and New Year: click here to browse our cottages.
Here are some of the things to do out of season in Cornwall
- Freedom to roam – play – walk and run. With 1000 acres of woodland and pasture you have lots of space to enjoy the countryside – this doesn’t change – whatever the weather.
- Empty beaches to explore – we have about 14 beaches which are within 10 minute drive of Trelowarren – and dogs can come too – where-ever you choose
- Cliff walks to the pub and back – it is amazing how much further you can walk after enjoying refreshments at a beach cafe or harbour pub. When we have a westerly the waves at Kynance are amazing….. far more fun to watch than during the summer.
- Christmas day swim is quite an event – everyone in fancy dress, lots of mulled wine and Christmas cake. It’s a real fun experience.
- Treasure hunt drive – just get in the car and drive – don’t plan it – see where you end up – who knows what you will find.
- The Christmas Lights at Mousehole are floating in the harbour – it’s quite a special time to visit.
- Playing Monopoly or Canasta with a cup of hot chocolate in front of the fire. Ahhhh – remember life before endless TV and internet distractions.
- Watch the surfers in the real waves (preferably wrapped up warm in the car with a mug of soup)
- St Ives and Truro at Christmas is a lovely experience for all (even those like me that don’t do shopping) because the atmosphere is festive and everyone is happy
- Candlelit church at midnight on Christmas eve … by the sea .. a beautiful way to see Christmas in.
The fantastic thing about Trelowarren is that you can enjoy all of things that you did as a child with the added luxury of all the modern facilities of Sky TV, Internet, restaurants on site, lots of local attractions to enjoy, brilliant artists to find, a train to take you into St Ives (not quite so new – but it does save that big climb back up the hill with all of your shopping bags).
Here are some more fun activities you might be able to fit into your stay:
- Surf school
- Cornish Segway (2 wheel motorised scooters on goonhilly)
- For Cornish Festivals visit Feast Cornwall for dates and events.