Winter Holidays in Cornwall
There are lots of Reasons to Visit Trelowarren in the Winter.
We have just a few weeks left for Christmas and New Year: click here to browse our cottages.
- Freedom to roam – play – walk and run. With 1000 acres of woodland and pasture you have lots of space to enjoy the countryside – this doesn’t change – whatever the weather.
- Empty beaches to explore – we have about 14 beaches which are within 10 minute drive of Trelowarren – and dogs can come too – where-ever you choose
- Cliff walks to the pub and back – it is amazing how much further you can walk after enjoying refreshments at a beach cafe or harbour pub. When we have a westerly the waves at Kynance are amazing….. far more fun to watch than during the summer.
- Christmas day swim is quite an event – everyone in fancy dress, lots of mulled wine and Christmas cake. It’s a real fun experience.
- Treasure hunt drive – just get in the car and drive – don’t plan it – see where you end up – who knows what you will find.
- The Christmas Lights at Mousehole are floating in the harbour – it’s quite a special time to visit.
- Playing Monopoly or Canasta with a cup of hot chocolate in front of the fire. Ahhhh – remember life before endless TV and internet distractions.
- Watch the surfers in the real waves (preferably wrapped up warm in the car with a mug of soup)
- St Ives and Truro at Christmas is a lovely experience for all (even those like me that don’t do shopping) because the atmosphere is festive and everyone is happy
- Candlelit church at midnight on Christmas eve … by the sea .. a beautiful way to see Christmas in.
The fantastic thing about Trelowarren is that you can enjoy all of things that you did as a child with the added luxury of all the modern facilities of Sky TV, Internet, restaurants on site, lots of local attractions to enjoy, brilliant artists to find, a train to take you into St Ives (not quite so new – but it does save that big climb back up the hill with all of your shopping bags),
with the restaurant and Walled Garden Spa on site – you don’t have to travel to spoil yourself.
Here are some more fun activities you might be able to fit into your stay: