2011 at Trelowarren
A few things that happened at Trelowarren this year
- We had the busiest self-catering year yet – Thank you!
- The amazing new insulating swimming pool cover meant we averaged 28 degrees all year.
- The New Yard Restaurant won a Gold Taste of the West Award with only three other Cornish restaurants.
- We planted the hedge opposite reception with roses, agapanthus and nepeta and they are all still flowering. We also planted the tubs around the pool with agapanthus to go with last year’s olive trees that are now well established.
- We installed our electric car point by the Estate Office.
- Ollie Jackson (the chef) won his round in a televised cookery competition but mysteriously wasn’t selected to go forward.
- Victoria, Rowan and Inigo took a Trelowarren stand to the Hampton Court RHS flower show and to Tatton Park too.
- Ferrers made an unexpected appearance in The Tatler!
- We had a lovely August. It sometimes rained in the morning but the afternoons were beautiful.
- We swam in the sea – a lot.
- We had such a hot September that we were complaining.
- Lindz, our decorator (who is a genius), came up with the ultimate idea for the long term management of windows in a Grade 1 listed building – and he got married too. We reckon he might have finished the windows before he retires but it will be a close run thing.